About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Thursday 25 November 2010

Healthy food - Pumpkin and Feta Frittata

Good afternoon to all of you!
Weekend in our part of the world is approaching and before I will leave my appreciated audience for 2 days I would love to share this delicious recipe with you. I tried it last night and my husband liked it so much that he had another piece after midnight (not recommendable, but might happen...) and the rest for breakfast. 
And do not worry about the eggs! There is nothing wrong with eggs. They are still an excellent source, actually the best in case you do not eat meat, of protein and on top of that they

  1. provide you with all 9 essential amino acids
  2. help to prevent blood clotting 
  3. contain choline, which is vital for your brain and nervous system
  4. have only 1,5g saturated fat out of 5g of fat
  5. IMPROVE your cholesterol 
  6. and (ladies!) improve your hair and nail.

But remember: 2 chicken eggs/person/week is sufficient! 



Recipe:
(Serves 4)

-4 cups (650g) of coarsley chopped pumpkin
-1 large potato, chopped coarsley
-100g baby spinach leaves, chopped coarsley
-200g feta cheese, crumbled
-3/4 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
-8 eggs, beaten lightly
-1 small red onion, sliced thinly


Preheat oven to very hot. Grease deep 23-cm cake pan. Steam pumpkin and potato for about 5 minutes until just tender, drain.

Combine them in a large bowl and add spinach, cheeses and egg, stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and top with onion. I personally spiced it up with some salt and pepper, do that to your own likings. Frittatas normally are a bit bland, you can season it when serving.


Bake in very hot oven about 25-35 minutes or until firm. Stand 5 minutes before serving.


Along with that serve some rocket or spinach salad.


ENJOY!!!!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment