sometimes it is a good thing being married to a smart person :). My dear husband despite of being a really busy manager takes his time to read through my posts - highly appreciated! Then - he also makes remarks about them. That is the hard part about it...but still highly appreciated. So that man came up with the idea to rather than pushing you guys through that tough tummy workout I'd rather tell you how to do some mini exercising during your long working hours to keep your muscles loose and working so they do not forget what they are there for!
Here we go....
The easiest thing to start with is NECKROLLS.
They relieve tensions around your head area and also help to get rid of headaches.
Looking forward allow your head to relax to one side of the shoulder. Gently roll the head forward and up to the other side and return to the opposite direction. Ear to shoulder, chin to chest, ear to shoulder. Avoid turning your head so far that you are looking upwards.
Next exercise your ARMS a bit:
- Extend your arm in front of you, placing your palms up,
- With the other hand, grab your fingers.
- Gently stretch your hand down, bending your wrist backwards. Feel the stretch in your forearm?
WRISTS, FOREARMS and CHEST
- Press hands together in front of chest. Keep elbows bent and parallel to the floor.
- Gently bend wrists to the right and left.
- Repeat several times.
For your BACK:
- Sit straight in your chair and place right arm behind your right hip.
- Twist to the right. Hold for a few seconds.
- Repeat on the left side.
And your CALVES:
- While sitting, lift up your legs onto the balls of your feet and then release.
- Continue until your legs and calves are tired.
- Repeat every 10-15 minutes for an hour.
Just draw it in and extend it combined with breathing ever so often. Nobody will notice apart from your stomach muscles.
This does NOT replace your gym workout, but see it as a healthy add-on to your exercise routine!
Stay tuned, next will be some recipes coming up.....