About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Sunday 14 November 2010

Today's Dinner

Dear readers,
today the rising sun sent all of us in this part of the world back to work and in the meantime even the rest of this planet is preparing for another working week. While we have the advantage of some days of Eid-holidays coming up, the rest of you is strongly moving towards Christmas time. Which always inevitably means too much food and too little exercise!

So over the next weeks I will spill out some great recipes for healthy, delicious food to get you preferably slim :) through the festive season. 

Tonight I ll start with an Asian Tofu dish! Tofu? Yuk!!! I know, there is those of you, who absolutely cannot get to like this soft, innocent stuff, which is so easy to prepare and offers a fantastic source of vegetable protein. Well, in that case just replace the tofu with some white fish or chicken (without skin!).

Prepare the dish with some steamed parboiled rice if you can't do without your carbs or - if you'd like to maintain your slim waistline and have no tough workout ahead of you tonight - have it without the rice. 

For the 2 of you take

1 pack of Tofu
2 bundles of PakChoi
1 pack of mangetout
A "foot bath" of vegetable organic stock
3 spring onions
1 tsp coriander powder
1 cm of freshly chopped ginger
1 clove of chopped garlic
2 tbsp of vegetable oil 
Salt and white pepper to season
A dash of soy sauce


In a frying pan heat the oil and shortly fry the ginger, garlic and coriander powder. Add the Tofu and fry it to your likings. I prefer it a bit crisp and brownish on both sides. When the tofu is nearly ready, add some soy sauce.


Meanwhile in a casserole or pan bring the stock to a boil, stir in the coriander powder and add the Mangetout and boil it for 4 minutes with a closed lid. Then add the PakChoi and boil it for another max 5 minutes until it has the softness that you prefer (you might as well use just either or, I like a nice big pan of various greens). Season with salt and white pepper to your likings.


Nicely arrange the greens and the tofu on a plate and enjoy a simple, healthy dinner!


If you decide to eat rice along with this, I would boil it adding some spices like tumeric, a dash of chillie powder, some veg stock and a bit of salt and pepper.






No comments:

Post a Comment