About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Monday 18 April 2011

Broccoli recipes

Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli
(Serves 4)

1. Preheat the oven.

2. On a large cookie sheet, toss together 2 pounds of broccoli cut up into florets with a bit of stem
-2 Tbs olive oil
-1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds (or 1/2 tsp. ground)
-1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds (or 1/2 tsp. ground)
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper and 
-1/8th tsp hot chili powder. 
Spread into a single layer and pop into the oven for 10 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, toss together one pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined, with 
-2 Tbs olive oil
-lemon zest from one lemon
-1/2 tsp salt and 
-1/2 tsp pepper in a bowl. 
When the broccoli's been in the oven 10 minutes, add the shrimp to the broccoli and toss carefully.

4. Roast another 10 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until the broccoli is tender and golden around the edges.
I served it in a big bowl of rice and squeezed some lemon on top. It was a big hit.


Crunchy Broccoli Salad

Ingredients
(Serves 4)
  • 1 large bunch broccoli
  • 1 small red onion
  • 4 strips low-fat bacon
  • cup raisins
  • cup chopped walnuts
Dressing:
  • 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 1 cup sugar or 1/2 cup sugar substitute
  • cup plain non-fat yogurt
Directions
Chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Slice onion thinly. Broil bacon crisply and crumble onto paper towel; let sit 15 minutes. Mix broccoli, onion, bacon, raisins and walnuts in a salad bowl. Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar in a shaker container. Pour over broccoli just before serving. Toss and serve.

Enjoy your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment