About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Quick refreshing wake-up exercise

Dear readers,

today was one of these days....went to bed last night with workout on my mind, got up this morning with workout on my mind, had my first cup of green tea with workout on my mind...and then things started adding up and between emails and rushing to get ready the workout, hum, kind of disappeared. After having felt guilty all day long I started thinking what exercises could you do just quickly in the morning, before emails, during tea, before shower?!

I experimented, jumped around, thought about the important parts we have to train and then I started looking on the internet - and found this sequence, which more or less captures what I want to suggest. 

These exercises - which will maybe take 10 minutes of your precious time (or 15 if you want to catch your breath in-between the various exercises) - will wake you up, will get your heart racing, will work a sweat and will definitely send you into the day fully motivated! 

Just some quick explanations:

Jumping Jacks:
I think, everyone knows, how to do them! Important: keep your knees soft and your tummy and lower back firm! 

Plie Squats:
Keep stomach firm and tight, then go down into a squat. When you come up, really squeeze your buttocks...and go back down.

Burpees:
If you find them too hard (which would be very understandable!), modify the exercise into a mountain-climber. This means, don't do the jump with both legs at the same time, but alternate. Please keep your stomach and back firm. 

Push-ups:
Start with your knees on the floor if this version is too hard.

Bicycle crunches:
There is no easy version! You gotta get through this! If you still don't have enough, do some normal crunches as well.


And then...go & start your day - you have done something at least    

      


Torch Calories with the Turkey Burner Workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment