About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Health food - Optimum Nutrition

Dear all!

Let's get a bit more serious about our nutrition, shall we? You know you should eat a lot of fruit and veggies of course. You know that Vitamin C is important, you might have heard that red meat is not the greatest stuff to eat and so on. But do you really know, what your daily nutrition should consist of in order to feed your body and brain (yes, there is such a thing as brain food!) working optimally? No? Great! Because otherwise this Blog would be completely useless and I would be jobless very soon.

So, this is the reason why people like me keep on studying and studying and thus will hopefully be able to help you to improved health, sharper brain, better mood and an overall wellbeing.


Most people do not exactly know the importance of PULSES and LEGUMES (lentils, chickpeas, broad beans, black beans etc). 
Whereas they should definitely be a part of your weekly diet plan as they are a great source of natural fibre, vegetable protein and lots of nutrients. They wil also help to stabilize your blood sugar.


You might find the idea of pulses quite boring thinking of your Mom's lentil soup that you had to eat throughout winter when you were a kid.
But you will be surprised how much a variety of recipes with pulses and legumes there is! I will provide your with some healthy, tasty and super nutrient recipes, which contain pulses.


Let me start with a light lunch that I spontaneously created today. Very easy to prepare and delicious.
The only thing you have to do that takes about 15 minutes is cooking the lentils. I right away add all the spices so the taste can right away be absorbed by the lentils.




So, you boil the lentils and just go wild with spices! Vegetable stock of course, some chili powder if you like it spicy, white pepper, tumeric (great antioxidant!), Oregano (antioxidant as well), cumin powder, ginger powder, some chopped onions and garlic - whatever you feel like.


Then just take some rice crackers (good source of carbs with very low calorie count!), spread some low fat Philadelphia cream cheese on them, 2 slices of tomato, your lentil mixture and top it with some chives and ideally some alfalfa sprouts (didn't have any :) ). 

And then: SAVOR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment