About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Detox with wholesome, healty food

My dear readers,

yes, shame on me, it's been way too long since my last post, but now there will be no stopping me - beware! 

Most of us as a major resolution for a new year do have this "I want to live healthier", "I want to loose weight" and similar doctrines on mind, don't we? Next question is: how do I start, what should I eat? What exercise is good for me?

Let me help you with wholesome, healthy recipes, most of them quite easy to prepare, and some helpful advice for your daily fitness routine. 

I would like to start with an extremely nutritious and balanced meal, which I prepared the other night. It might appear heavy at first sight, but it is not. It fills you nicely and provides you with a lot of important nutrients like antioxidants, Vitamin C, D, A and folic acid in the red beans and great protein and iron in the egg. Wild rice is a healthy source of carbohydrates and rice is an excellent detox food. 

This dish is a fantastic base for a good cardio workout the next morning before breakfast! You should feel strong and able to perform a good 30 minutes interval training on your treadmill or crosstrainer. 


RECIPE:
  
Wild Rice and Red Kidney Beans with a Poached Egg

You have to begin preparations the day before. The beans need to soak overnight (24hrs) and they need their own sweet time to cook (approx 3hrs!), but you don't have to watch them, just check on them every now and then. Dried beans provide a better taste and texture, but if you have no time for them, just use a can of red beans, but rinse them well, I even tend to wash them quickly with cold water. 
In case you are not sure about how to prepare a poached egg, a soft boiled egg is just as good (my dish was with a boiled egg... ).

Ingredients (serves 4)

500g dried red kidney beans
2 tbsp olive oil
2 red onions, freshly chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp cumin 
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1l (preferably home-made) chicken stock
2 bay leaves (I used basil instead)
1 small onion/shallot, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
200g brown and wild rice, freshly cooked 
30g fresh coriander leaves
4 poached eggs


-Place the beans in a bowl, cover with water and soak for 24 hours. Drain and set aside.
-Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic until soft and translucent. Add the spices and saute again briefly.
-Add the beans and chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for about two hours, stirring occasionally.
-Add the bay leaves and continue to simmer, covered, for about an hour or until the beans are tender. Tip the beans into a bowl and keep warm.
-Saute the onion in the olive oil until golden and stir through the pre-cooked rice.
-Devide the rice and beans between four plates and top each with some coriander leaves and a poached or soft-boiled egg.









The Raw Food Detox Diet: The Five-Step Plan for Vibrant Health and Maximum Weight Loss


ACAI SUPER CLEANSE #1 TM HIGHLY POTENT 60 capsules ANTIOXIDANT, Detox, Colon Cleanse, Weight Loss : The Perfect Proportion of Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment