About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas and healthy food

Dear audience,

and once again it is Christmas and of course I am noticing that hardly anybody visits my blog anymore and I guess (and hope ;) ) that this is due to all of you traveling and staying away from the www for the festive season.

So I will keep it short today and restart with valuable information on healthy food, supplements and exercise after the holidays.

To be a good wife at least at the end of the year I spent a lot of time in my kitchen today to prepare something special for my dear husband, who really deserves a treat.

I prepared 3 different salads to keep our feast healthy and light (brussels sprout salad, spinach salad and papaya prawn salad with avocado), 2 soups and - very boldly - I tried out an old Swedish salmon recipe - whether the latter one worked, I will know only by tomorrow when I re-open the magic package lying in my fridge underneath two heavy books about nutrition....

Following two of the recipes, maybe you can make use of them on one of the festive days:


Water Chestnut Soup
A delicious and healthy winter soup. If you want
to stay on the healthy side, use low fat cream.
Butter is a must for the taste and if you read my earlier posts you know there is nothing wrong with butter used in moderation.

(Serves 2)

You need: 
300g water chestnuts (canned)
50g unsalted butter
50g onions, chopped
30g celery, chopped
10g parsley (I prefer coriander), chopped
a pinch of cinnamon powder
1 apple
a pinch of pepper powder
100ml fresh cream


Preparation:
Melt half of the butter in a pan. Add chopped onion and celery. Cook for 5 minutes. Add water (500ml) and bring to a boil.
Peel and cut apple into small pieces. Add to water and cook until apple is about to get soft. Attention: that does not take very long!
Add water chestnuts and boil until all ingredients are soft, ca. 10 minutes.
Puree in a blender, add water if required. Strain and set aside.
Heat saucepan. Add rest of the butter and cinnamon powder. Pour puree in the pan and allow soup to boil on low flame.
Add cream and serve hot. 




And as a main course prepare


Sole fillets with Chicory
This is a healthy, low fat and no-carbs dinner, which won't make you wake up the next morning with a full, bloated stomach, but fresh and energized.


(Serves 2)


You need:
2 sole fillets (a 75g)
1 lime (if possible organic), grated peel and juice
10g butter
1 tbsp olive oil
a pinch of salt
a pinch of sugar
2 chicory
100g low fat creme fraiche
100ml low fat cream


Preparation:
Heat up your oven on 80degr.


Wash and dry fish filets and cut into each 3 pieces, sprinkle with juice of half a lime.
Clean chicoree, wash and dry, cut into halves lengthwise.


Heat butter and oil in a pan and fry fish fillets on each side for a minute. Remove fish fillets from pan, add salt and pepper, cover and keep warm in the oven.


Fry chicory halves in the same pan, add salt and pepper. Add creme fraiche, cream, remaining lime juice and half of the grated peel. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Let simmer covered for about 7 minutes.


On preheated plates arrange sole fillet pieces with chicory and sauce. Garnish with lime slices and grated lime peel.


Enjoy your dinner and most of all have a very merry Christmas!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment