About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Sunday 13 March 2011

Heartburn - Natural healing

Dear readers,

so here we are in Dubai facing another beautiful sunny day, thankfully it has cooled down a bit over night. Before I head to the beach (yes, I know you envy me....) let me write about an important issue, which concerns many people in many countries: Heartburn!

Heartburn is a very unpleasant result of wrong eating habits and lifestyle choices in general that will trigger a reflux of gastric acid. Usually you can influence it quite easily, but let me stress that if you are suffering from heartburn several times a week, I can only recommend you to see your physician as it can also be related to some more severe illnesses! Do not ignore it!

For those of you, who face occasional heartburn following some advice to calm down the burning:


 - Most importantly: change your eating habits before throwing any pills, which will only suppress the burning, but not cure the cause.

Eat slowly, eat smaller meals and avoid these:












  • Citrus fruits
  • Citrus juices
  • Chocolate
  • Peppermint
  • Excessive alcohol consumption (especially red wine)
  • Tomatoes and tomato-based products
  • Caffeinated beverages, such as coffee
  • Carbonated beverages, such as colas 
  • Smoking 
  • Spicy food
-Wait 2-3 hours before going to bed after your last meal

-If you are still facing heartburn, keep your head elevated when you lie down, so your head is higher than your stomach.

-Try to reduce stress in your life! Stress is a major trigger for acid in your body.

-Dairy does NOT help! It may bring you short-term relieve, but in the end will induce the production of even more acid in your body.


Try the following natural remedies for occasional heartburn:

1. Bananas (fresh or dried) are alkaline, include them into your diet

2. Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) is another remedy used for heartburn. It is available in chewable tablets or capsules you can break open and dissolve in water. You should not use DGL if you have been diagnosed with hypertension and/or are receiving treatment for hypertension. 

3. Chamomille Tea

4. Apple Cider Vinegar 


5. Fresh Ginger


6. Turmeric 




Include these foods into your diet and avoid the above mentioned and you will notice a reduction of occasional heartburn!













 

No comments:

Post a Comment